Thursday, May 8, 2014

Why is sushi so popular?


Sushi has become so popular throughout the ages in America.  Everyone seems to know what sushi is and people are daring enough to try it.  And surprisingly those first timers fall in love with sushi.  That comes to the question why?  Sushi is just seaweed and rice wrapped with other ingredients.  Although it sounds simple and is easy to make there are more reasons to why it’s so popular.

            Sushi is not heavy like your regular foods.  Sushi rolls are light and they are easy to eat.  Only consisting of a few ingredients they taste good when they are all combine together into one. 

          Sushi is filling.  Don’t get fooled by only 6 rolls because trust me they are filling.  Mainly because of the rice, rice is known for filling up your stomach.  They could act like a light snack or a full meal. 

            The way sushi rolls are presented.  Presentation is key when it comes to deciding whether or not it’s good.  I know some sushi chefs that don’t make good sushi but the presentation is just amazing which fools the customers into liking it.  Sushi rolls are placed in a certain way on the plates and with some decorative pieces you have a 5 star style sushi.  It's all about the presentation, if it looks good chances are you will probably enjoy it. 

            Some sushi rolls are Americanized.  Many of the rolls here in the U.S are Americanized just like Chinese food.  California rolls and other rolls are made so they do not look to extreme, if you go to Japan chances are you won't see much of the Americanized rolls.  The Americanized rolls are not too exotic for some people so it appeals to everyone.

            There are so many other reasons why people like sushi I personally like the taste of sushi because it’s just delicious.  I know that there are certain sushi rolls that I don’t like.  Sashimi in general and raw sushi just isn’t my thing.  I just can’t imagine the fact that I am eating something raw or putting something raw in my mouth.  I just like the Americanized sushi rolls.  Another reason is that from one bite of sushi you can taste so many different flavors and foods so it’s a bit unique.  I just can’t imagine people who dislike sushi, I mean sushi is pure deliciousness that no one can resist. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment