Sunday, May 18, 2014

The 120 day plan

Recently I have started the 120 day plan.  A plan for myself in which in those 120 days I would eat no junk food only healthy eating, and an hour of dedicated work out.  A changing lifestyle for me, it’s going to be different and a lot of effort and dedication. 
                I started this plan to see what the results are for healthy eating and exercising, whether or not it will affect my mood, lifestyle, appetite, or stamina.  Before I started this plan, my lifestyle did not consist of healthy eating or daily exercise.  I was laggard and tired all the time, and had a big appetite also and just kept on eating and eating.  Although I have a high metabolism, I didn’t have to worry about gaining weight or losing weight.  I know eventually my metabolism will slow down and my fat cells with increase in size when I get older.  I develop this plan to maintain my healthy body weight and grow strength and endurance. 
                Since I started this plan, about a week ago, there were some challenges that I faced in following the plan.  The first challenge was craving for greasy fattening foods like fries, brownies, and pizzas.  They were so tempting and they looked so good.  There was one time when I gave into the temptation and ate two slices of pizza.  I broke the rule of healthy eating.  But later on I resisted the temptation, every time I was craving for junk food I would just eat an apple and chew a piece of gum and the temptation would just disappear.  It really helped me overcome the temptation.  The second challenge I faced was trying to fit in an hour of workout each day, so far I’ve been successful and had dedicated an hour of my time for each day.  But I know that’s going to be a challenge for me later on because sometimes I am just too busy to fit in an hour of work out into my schedule.  I was considering on bending a bit of the rules on the plan.  I’ll try to fit in an hour a day into my schedule and if I am just too busy and I can’t the workout will be shorten to a minimum of half an hour.  I think that fitting in half an hour of dedication would work out for those busy days. 
                So far I am on day 10 of the plan, and I can feel myself feeling healthier inside and out and I have gotten used to the plan now.  Hopefully by day 120 I would see more changes and results in how I feel and see the changes.  I will blog more about my plan at the end of the 4 months.


No comments:

Post a Comment