Sunday, December 8, 2013

Tea-licious

          Certainly in America, coffee is way more popular than tea.  The definition of coffee to me is a necessity  that I need in the morning to get through my day, and provides energy for me to stay awake.  To me it acts like an energy booster when I am drowsy or tired.  Coffee to me was something that I needed everyday to wake me up, however that changed when my mom told me about the benefits of tea.  You see, there are so many different kinds of teas with all different types of flavors, each type of tea has its own health benefits.  However the most common type of health benefit is it helps you lose weight.  By replacing a bottle of pop everyday to a cup of herbal tea, you can lose weight and stop gaining weight.  Tea also helps stop heart diseases and certain kinds of cancer, rich in antioxidants it boosts the immune system preventing cancerous cells to develop and grow.  The benefits of tea are endless, however you have to be careful on what kind of tea you are drinking.
         Brewed teas taste better and more nutritious than instant bottled teas.  The tea leaves brewed taste so much more different than the instant teas you buy at the grocery store.  If you have tried both types you can taste the difference between the two.  The brewed teas have a sweeter aroma from the tea leaves while the bottled teas are also sweet, the sweetness comes from the sugar that was added.  This ruins the taste of the natural tea flavor making the tea flavor less strong. 
        The  tea leaves could be used for many things, I know my mom uses the tea leaves to soak her feet.  Especially when winter is approaching, you might have dry cracked feet.  Add a couple of tea leaves to warm water and soak your feet in for about 15 minutes and your feet won't be dry but soft.  Tea leaves are also great for facials, acne problems? dry skin? no problem just blend the tea leaves and leave it on your face for about half an hour to an hour.  You skin will feel soft and refreshed. 
          If you don't believe me in the benefits tea can give you, give it a try, drink a cup of  tea everyday and see how you feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment