Thursday, December 5, 2013

Eggs and Flour

          There are a lot of times in which many of you just can't decide or don't know what to eat.  With a refrigerator packed with food, there's still nothing to eat.  Here are some easy ideas on creating 2 meals, breakfast using eggs and flowers. 
         For breakfast, start with something light to get your day going.   Get a glass of milk to get your dairy for the day, top it off with a pancake and an omelet and voila, the perfect light hearty breakfast.  When making pancakes add some blueberries, chocolate chips or fruits that you like into the pancake, that way you don't just have a plain boring pancake.  Change the shape of the pancakes to make it more fun.  What I usually do is I have an egg shaper, so I put the egg shaper on the skillet and pour my pancake batter in the egg shaper to shape the pancakes.  That way you have a perfect shaped pancake that's fun and lively.  Going onto the omelets, I make my omelets healthier without using a skillet, I boil the omelet In a pot.  First I would take 2 eggs (2 eggs per person) and crack it in a Ziploc bag.  Then I would use my fingers to smush the egg to mix it up.  I go and get all the ingredients that I like to put in my eggs, like mushrooms, ham, or spinach.  I put the ingredients in the bag and mix it again, and then I would zip up the Ziploc bag nice and tight fold it in half and put it in the boiling water for about 12 minutes.  After 12 minutes the omelet should turn yellow and should be like a roll shape.  With milk, pancakes and an omelet for breakfast you don't have to worry about getting hungry later. 
         For lunch a healthy hardboiled egg, fried clam salad is an easy and filling lunch.  Get some mesclun lettuces and some spinach, toss it with a bit of ranch fried clams and sliced hardboiled eggs and you have your lunch.  To fry the clams, you can just use regular flour to coat the clams, put in the oven or the fryer for a couple of minutes and it should be ready.  The mesclun lettuce provides you with a variety of baby lettuces with all sorts of vitamins, they are colorful and nutritious.  The eggs provide you with protein, the ranch dressing is a good source of fat and oil and the clams are high in good fat. 
          Eggs and flours are easy to incorporate into our food, almost every recipe calls for eggs and flour.  Eggs and flours  are that component that can add a bit of flavor and fluffiness to our foods.

No comments:

Post a Comment