Thursday, December 19, 2013

Homemade is better



I am a girl that likes to bring food from home for lunch rather than eating cafeteria style food.  I’m sure there are others that are like me who despise packing and cooking but loves eating and knows that homemade lunches are incomparable to cafeteria food.  I guess you can ask me why don’t I just eat the cafeteria lunch, but make it a hassle to cook and pack food for lunch.  Well first of all let’s face the truth, homemade is better.  You put what you like in your food and take out what you don’t like.  You care about what you’re putting into your mouth so you cook carefully putting sanitation first.  You understand what you like exactly and the way you want it cooked.  When you’re eating at a restaurant or in the cafeteria at work or school you don’t have an option of what you want to eat.  Instead you have a menu with limited choices to choose from.  Worst yet in cafeterias they don’t even have menus, they just cook what they want and if you like it well theirs your lunch.  If you don’t, too bad it is what it is.  Does the cook know what you like specifically and don’t like specifically? Not as well as you know yourself.  Does the cook care about sanitation and preparing your food with the upmost care?  I don’t think so, it’s their profession to cook, so as long as they make their money then there’s no complaining. 

            I mean let’s also put money into consideration.  When you dine out or get food from the cafeteria, you have to pay for the food, and often the food there is far more expensive than it really should be.   At restaurants, you have to pay for the food, and the service.  For example, the chicken you buy at home is much cheaper than the chicken you order at a restaurant, simply at restaurants you are not just paying for the chicken but they charge you extra so the restaurant can make profit.  Although for convenient reasons, dining out is fancier, more relaxed, and you don’t have to clean up after wards.  I personally think dining at home is more intimate and the food just taste better. 

1 comment:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with this post. I've taken my lunch to school ever since I can remember. I do it mostly out of health though. I try not to eat any sugar or fat, so that pretty much puts school lunches out of the running altogether. I also agree with sanitation and cost though. My food is always clean and I know that because its from my house, and it helps from a comfort standpoint. As for cost, my parents have probably saved a lot, and have spent it in other, more useful places.

    ReplyDelete