Monday, October 28, 2013

Effective ways of Grocery shopping

     It can get overwhelming and hectic when you are going grocery shopping, deciding on what you should buy, budget, how long the food will last, how long the food will spoil etc.  I came up with a system where it will save you some effective time, money and just makes grocery shopping a bit more fun.
      Before I go out to do my daily grocery shopping, I look around the kitchen and write down a list of things that I must need that I don't have.  For example, If I ran out of coffee, that will be on the the list, I definitely need coffee in the morning or I will not have a good day.  Then write down other things that  you would like to get at the grocery store, like a bag of candy, chips, or cookies.  Remember if you are on a budget, write down your budget on top of the paper so you know not to over spend.
      At the grocery store, I like to take a cart just because it's more convenient to put the foods in your cart rather than hauling it around everywhere you go.  First, get the foods you need, the foods you don't have any at your house and is essential.  Get those necessities first that way you won't forget later.  When buying groceries keep in mind that the cheapest isn't always the best, and the most expensive types aren't the best either.  When I go out and shop, I look for healthier choice brands, the good kinds, not the best but yet not the worst.  If their's two types of milk, for example, whole milk for $2.99 or 2% less fat with omega 3, for
$3.99 I will get the 2% less fat with omega 3.  It's up to you on what you like but take into consideration that big brand name products are not always the best.
      After you grab all your necessary foods move on to your other foods, the reason why you are getting these last is because if you are getting over your budget you can start cutting back on the other foods.  These types of foods are the foods that you enjoy, it doesn't have to be the best, as long as they taste good and suites your taste buds then theirs no difference between $2.00 cookies vs $3.00 cookies if they are the same size and same type of cookies.
      Creating a list of all the groceries you need saves time and saves you from finding and thinking of all the things you need.  Shopping with friends is a great way to make grocery shopping more fun.  Invite a few friends over for lunch or dinner and go grocery shopping together, it's more enjoyable and more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment